Frustrated by a leaky roof that keeps damaging your ceiling, walls and valuable possessions?
Get a dependable roofing contractor that can solve a leaky roof the first time. Ferris Home Improvements, a local Delaware Roofer, can help with roof leaks. After all, a professional roofing company should have the expertise to determine the source of how water is getting into your home’s interior.
Call us Today – 302.998.4500
Have you had roof repairs several times and yet your roof leaks persist?
At Ferris Home Improvements, we help many Delaware homeowners determine the best method to solve their roofing problems. Our expert roofing contractors perform full roof inspections and offer a free estimate, giving you a comprehensive quote for your roof repair or, worse come to worse, roof replacement.
Here is a List of the 10 Most Likely Causes for Roof Leaks:
- Buildup of Debris: Leaves, pine needles, twigs or silt buildup can trap water and cause a capillary action where water tracks underneath the tiles or shingles and seeps into the home.
- Faulty Flashing: Flashing that is installed improperly, slides out of place or cracked and dry calking can make your roof vulnerable to leaks at roof seams, chimney or skylight edges.
- Missing Shingles: Loose or missing shingles may be hard to spot at ground level. Have a roof inspector look for any signs of shingles that may be cracked or lifted by high winds.
- Holes: Check for any holes around items recently removed from roof, such as a TV satellite or antenna.
- Clogged Gutters: Gutters clogged with debris can slow drainage or cause water to backup giving it time to seep through and cause leaks.
- Cracked or Gaps Around Roof Vents: After years of exposure, vent pipes or plastic vents can have gaps around gaskets, missing nails or cracks.
- Valleys with Faulty Seals: A valley is where two planes of the roof intersect. They are most likely sloped (hopefully to divert water away from the roof). If it is cracked or sloped incorrectly, rainwater can seep through as it runs down the roof.
- Ice Dam Buildup: Frozen water can form a ridge at the edge of the roof and prevent melting snow or water from draining, causing water to pool. This water will eventually seep into the home.
- Condensation in Attic: Attics that are improperly ventilated or insulated can cause for condensation buildup during extreme temperatures. This not only causes water damage, but it can also create mold or mildew hazards.
- Roof Exceeds its Lifespan: Roofing materials deteriorate with age, preventing them from effectively keeping the elements out. If your roof shingles, tiles or tar are dry and brittle with age, it is time for a roof replacement.
Want to Hire Delaware’s #1 Roofing Contractor?
Ferris Home Improvements proudly carries the family name. We work hard to keep our stellar reputation as the #1 roofing contractor in Delaware. We’ve been voted Delaware’s #1 Home Improvement Contractor 6 years in a row. We are insured and back up our work. Ferris Home Improvements is trusted throughout the community to do the right roof repair or roof replacement job for a fair price.